Sharing the Love

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Over the weekend I was tagged by my lovely friends Tawnysha Greene and Monita Bell with the Memetastic Award that's making the rounds in the blogosphere.  (Don't worry, girls.  I still love you anyway.)


Here are the requirements for this award:
  1. Link back to the blogger who awarded you 
  2. Display the graphic from award creator Jillsmo 
  3. Post 5 statements, 4 of which must be lies
  4. Pass the award on to 5 other bloggers, who must also follow the rules
  5. Link the post back to "Memetastic Hop" so that Jillsmo can keep track of recipients
So here are my five statements.  See if you can guess the true one.  (Hint:  All of them contain some element of truth.  I've had a weird life.)
  1. In Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris, I once saw Bill Murray drinking whiskey at a bar.  It was very Lost in Translation, but I was too shy to go up and talk to him.
  2. I worked on the film Big Fish when I was in college, and when we were shooting the Specter scene, another assistant and I sneaked on the set to take pictures.  We got caught when one of the shoes hanging on a line fell and hit me in the head.
  3. I overloaded on courses during my first three years of college (usually taking anywhere from 19 to 22 hours) so that I could goof off my senior year, when I took classes like backpacking, psychology of dreams, ceramics, and French culture.
  4. I've always wanted to be a writer, but when I was a kid I also wanted to be a professional skateboarder.  I used to watch the X-Games religiously, but I got discouraged by the scarcity of female skaters and decided to give up my skateboarding dreams.
  5. I'm a certified small craft sailor, and the first time I ever went out on my own I ran into a speedboat because I tacked too late. 
So that's my five!  Which is the truth, and which are the fictions?  Feel free to guess in the comments below.

Now for the five bloggers I love enough to inflict bestow with this award.  Don't worry, ladies; it isn't a chain letter.  If you decide not to do it, no one is going to die, you won't be cursed with seven years bad luck, and it won't rain everyday for the next two weeks.  (At least I hope not.)  Instead, at the very least, a few more people will read your words and hopefully be as inspired by you as I am.  So without further ado, here they are:
  1. Werecows:  A humorous blog on life as a college student by the awesomely talented Carolyn Kate.  When I taught junior high and high school at Edgewood, my favorite class was my seventh period creative writing students.  In the five years I have been at Auburn, my favorite class has hands-down been my Spring 2010 World Lit II class.  CK was in both of these classes.  Coincidence?  I think not. 
  2. Yucababy:  Multi-talented poet/short story writer/novelist and professor Chantel Acevedo muses on books, writing, publishing, and family.
  3. Reading Writing Rachel:  Fabulous YA author Rachel Hawkins delivers humor and insight into the writing/publishing world.  Her second novel, Demonglass, the sequel to last year's Hex Hall, will be out in two weeks.
  4. A Century of Nerve:  Superwoman, poet, and feline companion Emma Bolden blogs on writing, teaching, and life in the arctic north Kentucky.  She's also re-introducing America to poetry, one Yawp at a time, through her public poetry project
  5. American Puzzle:  Professor, scholar, and photographer Amanda Morris discusses pedagogy, politics, and rhetoric on this intelligent, thought-provoking blog.
Tomorrow I'll post again to sort the truth from the lies.  Until then, I hope you enjoy reading these other blogs as much as I do.

1 comments:

Moka B. February 16, 2011 at 1:22 PM  

Hmmm...I feel confident about the elements of truth in #2 and #3, but I'm not sure which way to go!!! Ok...I'm going with #3. :-) Thank you for still loving me!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP