A Typical London Sunday

Friday, June 3, 2011

It's Friday, the end of my third week here in London, and it's all coming to an end much too quickly.  I have just one more week here, and then I'll be headed back to Alabama. It's a bit difficult to even comprehend going back right now. The heat must be unbearable. (Until Wednesday, the weather here was crisp and cool, and the past few days the temperature has been hovering around the low 70s).  I have absolutely no idea what's going on back home--I haven't kept up with the news or any television programming--but I assume if anything truly important happened, Facebook would have let me know.  It's been so very nice to be almost completely cut off from all of that (by choice), to be fully immersed in my work and life here. I will admit that I'm beginning to feel burned out, though--just a little. I've had a frustrating few days research-wise, and that makes it hard to clear my mind and keep going. I'm also beginning to realize just how much I have left to do, and how there is no way I can get through all of it in the time I have left. I'm trying to let that go, though, and just enjoy the remaining week.

I'm not even going to try to summarize all that I've been doing since my last new post a couple of weeks ago, so instead, I will just show you how I spent last Sunday. (Pictures, except the last, are in no particular order.)

Late afternoon sunlight on St. Martin-in-the-Fields--view from the front of the National Gallery.

@ Tate Britain:  The Lady of Shalott and Ophelia on the same wall. My inner Anne of Green Gables-loving, ten-year-old self could have died of happiness.
@ Tate Britain: I just really loved the fierceness of this Leighton sculpture.  Oh, and Sargent's Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose behind it. 

Springtime @ St. Paul's

Got to Harrod's after closing, so decided to take a meandering walk home, and ended up here: St. Simon Zelotes.

Sunday crowds at Buckingham Palace.

Where the Londoners go to unwind--St. James' Park on a sunny, lazy Sunday.

And I finished my day with some Indian food and Facebook, looking out over the lovely, quiet courtyard of my  OLD flat. But that's a story for another day. :-)

1 comments:

Moka B. June 8, 2011 at 11:41 AM  

From the pics, the weather really does look gorgeous. Prepare yourself to return to Hades-like temps at home.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP