A Slow Start

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Despite my best intentions, my first ROW 80 has gotten off to a *very slow* start.  I've started work on a few of my goals (I'm currently reading Beth Revis's Across the Universe for my weekly book review, and I've started on a blog post about the role of editing in the creative nonfiction essay that will probably be posted Friday), but as far as actual writing goes?  A total FAIL. I think I wrote twelve words yesterday.  So, yeah, I've got a long way to go.

The good news is that I never intended to get a lot done between Monday and today.  During the middle of the week I'm crazy busy with teaching and research and grading (got a big stack of rewrites I still have to tackle tonight), but around the weekends I have a lot more unstructured time.  So I still have time to meet all those goals before Sunday--I just have to get started on them first.

3 comments:

Belinda Kroll, YA Victorian Romance April 7, 2011 at 8:41 AM  

ROW80 sponsor here...

12 words is better than none! Personally, I only like posting ROW80 updates once a week because it gives me more time to do something. Do what you need to do to make this challenge work for you. Best of luck!

Anonymous,  April 7, 2011 at 11:55 AM  

I second Kroll and say 12 is 12. :) It's a wee little sprout which will grow into a towering tree. Good luck, and don't forget the water and fertilizer! lol :)

Lacy Marschalk April 7, 2011 at 11:02 PM  

Thanks, ladies! You are absolutely right--twelve words are better than none. (The power of positive thinking. :-) )

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP